11. Seeing movies alone. I know this sounds a little sad, but I really enjoy this. It’s one of the few places where I feel like I can escape and just be by myself. My phone is away from me, I don’t have to talk to anyone, and I can just enjoy a story on my own. I don’t like to do this very often, but I like doing it every once in awhile.
12. The month of May. After much deliberation, I’ve decided that the month of May is my favorite month. The days are getting longer, the weather improves, and the oppressive summer heat has not taken over yet. It’s just pleasant to be outside, and you still have lots of summer to look forward to. Baseball hasn’t become boring yet, the NBA playoffs are going on,and the final stretch of soccer is happening. It feels like everything is still ahead of you.
13. The month of October. October is my second favorite month. The weather has cooled off quite a bit, but it doesn’t suck to be outside yet. The leaves are changing and you can break out the sweaters. There’s good baseball on and lots of good food. And since Halloween is now basically when Christmas starts, you have that to look forward to as well.
14. Will Leitch. He’s my favorite writer. Period. Leitch is the reason I even thought about writing in the first place. I love his books. I haven’t read eveyrthing he’s written lately (because he writes a ton), but I’ve recently subscribed to his newsletter, and it’s really good! He’s a thoughtful, intelligent guy who can balance the serious stuff of sports along with the fun side of it. I’ve emailed him a few times and he’s always been gracious enough to respond. I even talked to him for a few minutes before we interviewed him the summer i helped out with a radio show. He’s a really earnest guy who writes extremely well.
15. Grain belt premium beer. I’ve been craving some Grain Belt lately. It’s not a great beer, taste wise. I usually only drink craft beer, but there’s something enjoyable about a grain belt. It’s light and made locally. It was also the first beer I drank in college. I found some on sale at the liquor store the other day. So that’s been my beverage of choice this weekend.
16. Running. I don’t know if I consider myself a “runner” but I enjoy running. It’s efficient exercise. All I need is a good pair of shoes. I don’t really like weightlifting all that much, and team sports don’t really do it for me either. I don’t have a bike. Running is just easy to do because I can step outside my house and get things going. I’m going to be taking part in my first 10K next month. I’ve increased my training to match it. I’ve been averaging about a 9 minute miles. Not bad at all.
17. The Basilica of St. Mary. For a good portion of my life, I didn’t really enjoy going to church. I just went. It was like going through the motions. I wouldn’t say I always enjoy going to church these days, but going to the Basilica makes it an overall positive experience anyway. I love the music, the liturgy, the people, and how it’s just accepting of so many people.
Post a Comment