- Watching soccer all day on a Saturday morning. I love drinking so much coffee that it keeps me energized till late afternoon. I love checking Twitter in the middle of matches to see what the Men in Blazers are going on about. I love watching a good goal attack. It’s an optimal way to spend my mornings.
- Listening to Men in Blazers podcasts. Another soccer thing, I know. I love going for walks and just listening to Rog and Davo. They make me happy with their self-deprecation, stupid jokes, and insight into the world of football. It’s one of my favorite hours of the week.
- Drinking lots of coffee. Coffee makes me happy. I love making a full pot on Saturday mornings and making my through it throughout the morning. It’s just a good routine to hold onto. It keeps me sane and focused.
- Shopping at Trader Joe’s. It’s one of the few stores I enjoy going into. I know the products I love. It’s affordable, they play good music, and the staff always seems to be having a good time. It’s legit one of the only times I enjoy spending money.
- Finishing up a long run when you keep a good pace. I love that feeling when I power through a run and feel good throughout it. It’s one of the few times in my life where I really have to exert myself. I’ve been improving my mile splits and it feels really good.
- Walking home from work. It takes me a little over an hour to get home. I make my way through downtown, Loring Park, the Walker Sculpture Garden, and onto the bike trail. It’s nice to either walk silently or listen to podcasts. It’s just a good part of the day to decompress, call up a friend, or catch up on podcasts. I also know I’ll probably take a catnap as soon as I get home.
- Getting something in the mail. I haven’t gotten a whole lot of worthwhile letters since I stopped doing the letter writing last year. It was always a great surprise getting a response in the mail. I kind of miss it. I may bring it back next year, just for another challenge.
- Batman movies. I love the Batman character. I always liked him more than Superman. He’s just cooler than Clark Kent. The Christopher Nolan movies were both entertaining and riveting. They were just cool. I love the world he inhabits. It’s fun to spend time in there whether it’s through a movie or a comic book.
- Making an epic meal. I’m not an excellent cook, but I would say that I can make a decent meal if I am called upon. That’s become one of my favorite things to do, make a plan for a meal, go grocery shopping, cook up a bunch of stuff, and then lie on the couch and let it digest. It’s much more satisfying than just purchasing takeout.
- Mowing the lawn and shoveling snow. Maybe I’m just saying this because I don’t do either of these things a whole lot anymore, but I like them because you can see the results right away. They get your blood flowing, and you can reward yourself with a nice beverage afterwards.
Thursday, September 8, 2016
248. 50 things that make me happy (Part 1)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment