It's 35 degrees and I'm feeling good. I've taken a different tack with my job search strategy this week and I have a good feeling that it's going to pay off. Instead of scouring job boards and helplessly hoping that my resume will make it past the 'bots, I've decided to just to talk to people directly.
I met with a woman on Monday who works in green communications for the state. I had an informational interview with HubSpot on Tuesday and I went to a networking event at March Communications yesterday. So there are three people who know I'm looking for a job and they all of them agreed to take a look at my resume.
I feel like I've made progress in the job search world this week. In honor of that I'm going to list my other accomplishments for the week:
-Made my first trip to Ikea (Mal was super excited about it.) It was an experience. I'm not a big home furnishings shopping sort of guy, but I liked the meatballs.
- Watched the State of the Union. Enjoyed making fun of Joe Biden.
- Had an epic sandwich lunch with Alex. That man knows how to make a sandwich. Seriously.
- Finished reading Mockingjay. It was entertaining, but I preferred Catching Fire.
- Had Improv class, where I brought out my favorite character, Wally Gustafson from Duluth, Minnesota.
- Watched the movie Oblivion. Don't watch it. It's terrible.
It's Friday. Time to celebrate