I’m struggling to come up with another blog post tonight, so we’re going to chop it down into some sort of manageable format. I had a pretty jam packed weekend, so here are some of the top highlights.
- I went for a 10K run late Sunday morning. Not to brag or anything, but I crushed it. I felt great after running, and I wasn’t too sore afterwards either. I suppose that is a good sign for my actual 10K next weekend. I’m really looking forward to it. I think this staggered training plan has really helped improve my endurance. As much as I’d like to run every day, it really does feel great to get through a 45 minute run without feeling destroyed. I have to take some days off, but I don’t mind too much.
- I saw “The Magnificent Seven” on Saturday evening with my roommate. I had the same reaction that most critics had. It was not great, It was not terrible, it was fine. I liked a lot of the actors, but it kind of bumbled along until you got to the final action scene. Surprisingly, I liked Ethan Hawke’s character best. And I really don’t care for Ethan
Hawke in real life.
- I watched Tottenham Hotspur absolutely crush Manchester City 2-0 on Sunday morning. I watched the game with my cousin Joe (a big City fan). We watched it at the local and made the bet that whoever’s team lost had to purchase breakfast. Spurs went up early on an own goal, and Dele Ali added in another one later. I did not expect that. It felt great to get the win and eat a free breakfast. I didn’t expect the Spurs to be this good without Harry Kane, but it looks like they haven’t lost much of a step.
- I saw my good friend Sam Duran play college soccer for the first time on Saturday afternoon. I covered Sam while he played at Marshall and got to know him decently well. He was the subject of one of my first feature stories, one that probably wasn’t so easy for him to tell. He’s a great kid who showed a lot of maturity. He wasn’t able to play for most of his senior year due to a mistake he made, but he didn’t hide due to it. He was on the sidelines helping coach every game. It was great to see him back out on the field on Saturday. I’m hoping he has a long career at Bethany Lutheran. He even gave me a shirt, so of course now I’m a fan for life.
- I visited the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for the first time. That place is really cool. It’s huge and has excellent facilities. The weather was also ideal: sunny, crisp, and absolutely delightful. I’d definitely go again.
I went to bed at about 9:45 last night. I was ridiculously tired. It was the most tired I’ve felt in a very long time. That’s a good feeling. I’m always worried that I don’t do enough on the weekend. I’m glad that wasn’t the case these last few days.