I’ve been in a blogging slump recently. Something has sapped my motivation recently, so I need to get it back. I think the best way to get everything back would be to just write as much as I can and not worry about anything. So, I’m just going to throw down a few things that I’ve been thinking about recently.
- I don’t think Halloween is for kids anymore. It’s for sure for adults. I love seeing the random awesome costumes that kids wear, but I think it’s all about living vicariously through your kids. I don’t think my mom or dad ever had any influence over any of my costumes when I was a kid. Maybe that goes for your pets as well. It’s ok, I guess. I don’t really have to worry about it.
- The Vikings. I am not excited about the last two losses. The two losses were extremely sloppy. Quarterback Sam Bradford looked like he was in fear for his life. Our defense was a bit lackluster. It just lacked the electricity that defined the first few victories of the season.
- I’m listening to the Starters again. It’s an NBA podcast with a couple of guys who basically started from just talking about basketball on their own. They now work for NBA TV. They’re sort of like the Men in Blazers, but slightly less self-deprecating. They’re goofy. They seem like genuinely good people, and they thoroughly enjoy what they are doing. That’s a recipe for a good podcast. I’m looking forward to hanging out with them more throughout the NBA season.
- I’m looking forward to seeing Dr. Strange. It’s the latest Marvel movie. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen a movie coming to theaters that I’ve wanted to see. I’m glad that the initial reviews look really good. It will also be a good tonic for all the crap we’ve had to go through with this election. I’m all for a little bit of escapism.
- I’m just so tired of this election. I can’t even go to any news sites anymore. There’s probably good information out there, but I can’t even read the daily updates. People already have so many opinions formed about what they think and believe that I don’t think any new facts will change people’s minds. Whatever. We should just get on with it. It’s not worth it to keep going on with it. The election needs to happen and we need to get it over with.
- The Timberwolves are up by 32 points at the moment. I like that. They’ve blown a few leads in the past few games, so I’m hoping they can win their home opener.
- I’m really not a fan of November as a month. Don’t take this personally, November, but it’s just not a whole lot of fun. Thanksgiving is great, but you don’t get too many great days. It’s starting to get cold. It’s also not cold enough to anything winter-related. The days are grey and short. People start hibernating. Football is fine. It’s just one of those blah months. Well, it’s almost Christmas. So that’s good, I guess.
Post a Comment